Friday, September 27, 2013

Kasich makes faith argument for Medicaid | The Columbus Dispatch

 

Talking to reporters, Kasich pleaded for legislators to approve the expansion.

“The most-important thing for this legislature to think about: Put yourself in somebody else’s shoes. Put yourself in the shoes of a mother and a father of an adult child that is struggling. Walk in somebody else’s moccasins. Understand that poverty is real.”

Kasich continued: “I had a conversation with one of the members of the legislature the other day. I said, ‘I respect the fact that you believe in small government. I do, too. I also know that you’re a person of faith.

‘Now, when you die and get to the meeting with St. Peter, he’s probably not going to ask you much about what you did about keeping government small. But he is going to ask you what you did for the poor. You better have a good answer.’ ”

Kasich makes faith argument for Medicaid | The Columbus Dispatch

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: