Friday, February 18, 2011

Mike Huckabee on politics, Christianity, Israel : The New Yorker

Mike Huckabee on politics, Christianity, Israel : The New Yorker

In defiance of libertarian laissez-faire, Huckabee has extended his Christian vision to include the poor. “If there are a certain number of kids from single-parent homes who aren’t going to school and don’t have health care, you can say that’s not government’s job,” Huckabee told me. “Well, sweet and fine! But you know what? If the kid’s sitting outside the door of the hospital choking with asthma, do I sit there and say, ‘Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t think, philosophically, government should get involved’? I’d much rather the kid get help than I sit around and say I’m so pure in my ideology.”

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Eye Creams said...

I have read your whole of the blog very carefully and understand all of the meaning of this blog. And it is providing lot of useful information regarding the health.